Stanford University Press
The Stanford University Press (SUP) is the publishing house of Stanford University. In 1892, an independent publishing company was established at the university. The first use of the name "Stanford University Press" in a book's imprinting occurred in 1895. In 1917, the university bought the press, making it a division of Stanford.
In 1999, the press became a division of the Stanford University Libraries. It publishes about 130 books per year, and is currently located on Page Mill Road in the Stanford Research Park to the southeast of the Stanford campus. Stanford relies on the University of Chicago Press to perform the actual distribution of titles.