Origin: Picuris Pueblo, Pe’ewi
+Add origin to My Preferences
Picuris Pueblo Pottery and Fine Art
Pottery from Picuris is virtually indistinguishable from that of Taos Pueblo. Of the several expeditions by the Smithsonian to the Southwest, no pottery was collected from Picuris. There are a few contemporary potters today who make bean pots reputedly the finest vessels for cooking beans.
Picuris Pueblo is south of Taos Pueblo. The Feast day is August 10th honoring their patron St. Lawrence.
Photo Source: Indian Pueblo Cultural Center Website.
View by Origin:
- Acoma Pueblo, Haak’u
- Cochiti Pueblo, KO-TYIT
- Diné of the Navajo Nation
- Hopi Pueblo, Hopituh Shi-nu-mu
- Jemez Pueblo, Walatowa
- Maricopa, Peeposh Tribe
- Nambe Pueblo, Nambe O-Ween-Ge
- Picuris Pueblo, Pe’ewi
- San Ildefonso Pueblo, Po-woh-ge-oweenge
- Santa Clara Pueblo, Kha'p'oo Owinge
- Santo Domingo Pueblo, KEWA
- Zia Pueblo, Tsi-ya
- Zuni Pueblo, SHE-WE-NA